MINUTES OF THE LAKE BARCROFT ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS

December 12, 2001

The meeting of the Lake Barcroft Association (LBA) was called to order at 7:38 PM by President David Feld at 6425 Lakeview Drive, Falls Church, Virginia. Those present were LBA Directors David Feld, George Waters, Ralph Smalley, Karol Forsberg, Sue Nixson, Therese St. Hilaire, Peter Browne, George McLennan and also present were Improvements Committee Chairman, Ernie Rauth and Stuart Finley. David reviewed agenda items.

OLD BUSINESS

2002 BUDGET PREPARATION: Karol discussed boat insurance addition for guard boats and that the proposed budget figures will need to be adjusted to show this.

NOMINATING COMMITTEE UPDATE: George Waters thanked Therese and Ralph. Joe Gueron, Ross Kory, John Agnone, Amon Nixson, Francis Snyder have agreed to run. Maybes still from Diane Davidson, Karen Wehner and a call into Charles DeSeve. Mike Spivey will also be contacted.

LLOYD SWIFT ISLAND UPDATE: Peter has not met as of yet.

Minutes corrected that were placed in the Newsletter addressing Woman’s Club donations. Motion made by Therese the fees in access of the cost from the lake barcroft history will be designated to go to woman’s club choice. "Lake Barcroft History" check for $2000. LBA will lend 2000 to the LBA history book project which will be repaid as monies are collected from the sale of the book. Seconded. Approved.

IMPROVEMENTS COMMITTEE REPORT:

NEW BUSINESS

ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING DATE/AGENDA: David stated Tuesday 19th at 7:30 at Belevedere. Water safety, special events, environment, security, innovative concepts and lake link will be agenda items. Requested from committees a brief summary of what they have done to be included in mailing if possible. Cookies requested for meeting.

REQUEST FOR MEET THE CANDIDATES NIGHT: David discussed request from Priscilla Stevens. Therese suggested reminding candidates what it takes to serve on the Board. Include phone number and e-mail in bio suggested. David suggested a meeting with the newly elected candidates after elections with the Board. Karol suggested talking and educating new Board. David agreed to have it at his house on a Sunday 3-5.

IMPROVEMENTS: Ernie reported all beds improved, guard stands finished, shed painted. Would like to stain gazebo. Ernie did the ARC report. Signs are just about finished for the beaches. Danger & trespassing in Spanish completed.

WID REPORT: Stu reported still working with VDOT. Told that $379,000 owed by WID in addition to $125,000 we have already spent. WID decided to negotiate and it became very complex. Spoke to contractor 1.4 million who won the bid. Eliminated $175,000 of costs. $203,000 worked up in credits from the WID to VDOT and they wanted to reduce it to 57,000. Now only 50,000 is owed by the WID. $73,000 is what it cost to design the debris trap by the WID.

Major dredging that needs to be done. He addressed recent WID meeting and residents rightfully concerned about the need to dredge. Hopes to begin dredging in January on Trips and Holmes Run. Stu explained that the dam is 27 year old and will need a long range plan for repair.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

SPECIAL EVENTS: Sue showed picture of the new trailer. Sue also presented contract from Zambelli and only 50% be paid before end of year is required. $5,500 budgeted for fireworks.

TREASURER/FINANCE & AUDIT: Previously discussed.

COMMUNITY WATCH/SECURITY: Nothing new to report at this time.

WATER SAFETY/BEACH MAINTENANCE: Bob reported that he had contacted Sue Nixson about a play area at beach 4. Sue presented pictures of a playset that they would like to install. Suggested also installing a bench close by for parents and for approx. $40 that states parental supervision required. $3,333.55 this month for two swings. Toddler bucket would be an additional $30. Four swings proposed. Needs a 25% check up front. George suggested not rushing into this as well as involving Ginger Hayes. He also suggested fund raising.

Bob suggested placing ads in Newsletter from now until May about boats being removed. In May or first of June have another auction.

PUBLICATIONS: George said website is being redone by Chuck Turner. Will also have a new host. Anticipated cost of $25 a month.

ENVIRONEMENTAL QUALITY: Peter discussed leaves clogging wetlands from a home next to footbridge. He has drafted letter and will run by legal.

POTTERTON CAUSEWAY UPDATE: George W. addressed issue. Karol thanked George again for all of his efforts in recruiting additional funds to reduce the cost of a diverter. Diplomatic letter to the WID asking specifics on the design. David Feld will talk with Dave Alne to set up a meeting. Peter and George and Ralph. Motion made by Ralph that Dave, George W. and Peter meet with WID to discuss the adequacy of the debris diverter and its costs. Seconded by Sue. 2 opposed and 5 in favor.

PARCEL A UPDATE:

LBA Board meeting adjourned at 10:35 PM.

BBI Board meeting called to order at 10:37 PM. David presented waivers that need to be signed off on lots that are Beach 2 that belong to BBI. Adjourned 10:40 PM.

Respectfully submitted by, Chris Lawson