February 17, 2010
The meeting of the Lake Barcroft Association (LBA) was called to order at 7:38 p.m. by President Cindy Waters at Belvedere Elementary School, Falls Church, Virginia. Those present were LBA Directors Cindy Waters, Stuart Feldstein, Mark Cavich, Eva Kosztarab, Dave Goslin, Joel Gregorio, Kevin Howe, Warren Russell, Steve Klein, Bill Herz, and Kim Smith. Jerry Mendenhall and Sally Determan were not present. Also attending was lake resident George Erikson.
The minutes of January 13, 2010 were approved as presented.
MASTER CALENDAR: The calendar was reviewed.
ANNUAL MEETING: The Community annual meeting agenda was reviewed. Cindy reported that school board candidates would be in attendance along with Congressman Connelly to speak to the community. Dave said that someone should be prepared to answer questions regarding snow removal.
TRAFFIC CALMING TASK FORCE: Nothing new to report at this time.
LBA LATE FEE: Warren proposed to change the annual dues invoice so that it provides information consistent with the covenants. It was agreed to add the words “bill payable upon receipt” to the statement. The late fee that is due after March 31 will remain the same at this point in time.
ACTION ITEM: Chris to add “payable upon receipt” to the invoices for 2011 dues.
STUART CREW TEAM AGREEMENT: Cindy presented a proposed contract from the JEB Stuart Crew team requesting use of the lake for their practice in the spring.
A motion was made by Stuart and seconded by Kevin to continue to allow the JEB Stuart Crew team to practice on the lake. All in favor.
IMPROVEMENTS: No report at this time.
SPECIAL EVENTS: Joel will contact Janet Kerley about chairing the upcoming ice cream social to be held on June 12. Kevin and Walter will help with the fireworks again. Annual meeting signs have been placed throughout the community.
ACTION ITEM: Joel to contact Janet Kerley to chair 2010 Ice Cream Social.
WATER SAFETY: No report at this time.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Steve reviewed the auditor’s 2008 report with the Board.
ARC: No report at this time.
COMMUNITY WATCH: No report at this time.
ENVIRONEMTAL: No report at this time.
LEGAL: Stuart reported that we are in the process of transferring BBI property to LBA. The Deed for transfer is being prepared. He thanked Eva for her help. By June 30, the books will be merged. Stuart will present the proposed bylaw amendment discussion tomorrow night at the annual meeting.
MEMBERSHIP: Warren stated $200 was collected in January.
PUBLICATIONS: Mark has fixed the Yahoo groups Lakelink issue after many hours of effort. Mark distributed a proposal from GrowthSpur which helps communities with new technology and web sites. They charge approximately 30% of revenue brought in. The current LB blog has approximately 200 subscribers. Mark was asked to bring examples to the next Board meeting of the website materials from Growthspur. This item to be added under old business for next month.
Stuart commended Kevin Howe, Dave Goslin, Jerry Mendenhall and Bill Herz for their years of service to the community and on the Board.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:31 PM.

Respectfully submitted,
Eva Kosztarab, Secretary