County says development standards and protections in Seven Corners Plan Amendment not changed by proposed zoning ordinances.
On August 21, 2015, Fairfax County issued proposed amendments to its current zoning ordinances for public comment by September 4th. Clyde Miller, one of the leaders of the Community Working Group that worked actively on the Seven Corners Plan Amendment, believed these zoning amendments would undermine the development standards and protections established in the July 28th Plan Amendment. On August 31, I inquired of the County whether this was so. They said that was not the intent of the amendments, and they attached a response they had sent Mr. Miller regarding his August 24th comments. We are posting these documents, so that all may see the underlying documents.
- August 21 Cover Memo announcing comment period on proposed zoning ordinances
- August 21 working draft of proposed zoning ordinances
- Clyde Miller August 24 comments
- Kilbourne August 31 letter to county seeking clarification
- County's response to Miller comments of August 24
- Clyde Miller's response to Donna Pesto on September 1